Child Support Lawyer
Are you paying or receiving the correct amount of child support? Massachusetts has developed child support guidelines to determine the amount of child support one parent provides to the other parent to support the child(ren). This can be easily done by taking help from a Child support lawyer.
Under G.L. c. 208 sec. 28, absent an agreement between the parties or court order, the Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines are used to determine the payment amount to be made to the custodian of the child(ren).
As counsel, we make sure that all of a parent’s income is included in the calculation and that the parenting plan is factored into the support amount.
FAQ Child support questions:
- How can I figure out what the other party’s income is?
- Sometimes the best way is to ask. If the party refuses to provide this information, then we being a can assist you to collect this information through the legal process.
- What if our combined incomes are greater than $250,000.00?
- The guidelines take into account the first $250,000.00 of combined available income. Support based on income above $250,000.00 is at the discretion of the judge. The judge can be persuaded when exercising discretion by offering an analysis of the needs of the child(ren).
- What do I need to do to begin receiving child support or modify the current order?
- Contact our office at 617-410-6467 to talk with Child support Lawyer or attorney about your options.